Despite the current circumstances, our teams remain here to support you.
We're available by phone, email or via our website so get in touch, stay connected and let's get safely back to work together.
My client who are a large well-known charity is in the process of moving 3 of their content and information sites to a new platform and technology stack and this includes a new internal search product. They are now on the lookout for a Search Specialist to lead the setup and optimisation of the new internal search product within their intranet that is accessed by 10,000 + colleagues across the company.
The role & deliverables
This role will be to ensure the internal search results on the new search products are of the utmost relevance.
- Initial review of internal search configuration and content including relevancy and constraints
- Set up of the newly chosen search provider across all 3 sites including intranet
- Co-operative work with Content Designers to understand the current content model and how this feeds into the search engine and any constraints around this
- Optimisation of search results for relevancy
- Working alongside UR's and PM's to measure and optimise search performance across a new product - helping product teams understand this too
Skills & experience required:
- Experience in the setup and management of search and information retrieval for websites - ideally internally facing/intranets/ content-heavy sites
-Experience leading the optimisation and implementation of search products such as Algolia, Coveo, Swiftype*
- Solid and demonstratable Data Analysis experience - dealing with structured English language text
- The ability to understand and interpret the needs of search systems and relevance and ranking systems and their application to search features
- Ability to make practical recommendations to product teams in an agile software dev environment
If you have the above skills & experience, are comfortable with the key deliverables, and are available for a contract starting ASAP please get in touch with a full CV for a discussion in more detail!