Are you looking for the variation of an agency but with the project duration of an in-house role?
Look no further…
This role is with a global digital agency already boasting a massive in-house tech team, who primarily build large-scale, complex, C# web applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. You’ll be designing and developing and testing the applications, whilst coordinating with the team across different layers of the infrastructure.
Some of their recent projects have included translating application storyboards, specifications and use cases into functional applications in order to enhance scalability and responsiveness of their internal systems and applications. They are very design focused in their development and are always looking to produce the freshest and cleanest code possible.
Your core responsibilities will include the following:
- Assessing the design of applications for testability
- Analysing the existing code base to identify and correct gaps in programmatic testing
- Design and implement test strategies during development and maintenance phases of projects
- Translate application storyboards, specifications and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity
They’ve recently experiencing a huge wave of expansion and offer their development team a vast amount of technical and creative freedom, encouraging input into all technical decisions and knowledge sharing throughout the team. With a lot of companies being stuck in their ways, this is a great opportunity for any developers who are interested in branching out into new technologies and having the freedom to use the best tools for the job at hand. The company also invest heavily into the constant skill development of everyone in the tech department!
*If you possess a good selection of the skills below, they will likely be interested in having a chat.
- Proficiency in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework 4.5
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with Service Orientated Architecture and Web Service development such as WebAPI, WCF, Rest API, JSON etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Experience with popular web application frameworks
- Knack for writing clean, readable C# code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficient understanding of test strategies and their relationship to build/test/deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as React.
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as Nunit, Moq, Jest, Enzyme
The scope for skill development and ownership over projects with this one is endless. The projects they’re offering are both varied and extensive and there is plenty of scope for progression up the career ladder, as with any global organisation!
For details, get in touch. [email protected]
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.