With a remote first policy, this blockchain start-up have created a decentralized zero-knowledge rollup that greatly scales and reduces the cost of payments and transfers on the Ethereum network, with a focus on supporting community-based projects through it’s original Proof-of-Donation mechanism.
The aim is to create an inclusive and accessible blockchain payment network.
They have two hubs in Spain and Switzerland though their engineering team are based all over Europe, with one even on the East coast of Brazil – there is no expectation for you to come into the office as they really are remote first. By putting a big focus on their key values; collaboration, transparency and accountability, this works really well for them.
They’re looking to expand by bringing on a Project Lead.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be championing the Project and orchestrating and accelerating implementations of their project road map. You will be working together and collaborating with the product team to plan, shape, and implement the project
road map and with their dev teams in defining the delivery approach, processes, and production support standards. As a Project Lead, you will work in a cross-functional squad to build and will be expected to lead architectural decisions, best system designs, and coach engineers around best practices.
What experience are they looking for?
- First and foremost, strong engineering background (might worked previously as a Principal or Head of Engineering).
- You have experience leading production online platforms or applications in a startup environment.
- You’ll have experience influencing solution architecture and core decision making and be able to discuss requirements and benefits.
- A technical mindset to drive technical decisions and excellent interpersonal skills to drive communication with team members. You should enjoy working in environments where you have a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
- You are comfortable wearing different engineering manager hats that suit the changing needs of a team as it evolves.
- As a project lead, you’ll be coaching a team of Engineers on technical subjects, so mentoring should be second nature to you.
- You are focused on the delivery of product objectives and quality of service and at the same time have a business vision to set the right priorities and decision making.
- Blockchain enthusiast. They do lots of work with smart contracts in Ethereum with Truffle and Hardhat. Ideally you’ll also have some knowledge of Go.
- Keen on cryptography.
In return for the above they’re offering a salary of up to 90,000 Euros, as well as an interesting package of vested tokens.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.