Currently working on a retained project with PriamryBid to build out a centralised Design function across Product and Brand. The next key hire in this team is a Product Design Lead who will support the Head of Design by taking ownership of the Product Design Function and manage a small team.
PrimaryBid is an award-winning, FCA regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. They have completed over 130 transactions including for high profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K. Recently they also ran the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee and Cellular Goods with their new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is using this to expand internationally. They have exclusive commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext (the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone) with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s Fintech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
The Design team is growing fast, now with 4 in Product (2 Researchers and 2 Product Designer) and 2 in Brand (1 Motion, 1 Brand Designer). We are already expanding this team by 5 with the additions of a Service Designer, Lead Product Designer, Mid Product Designer, Mid Researcher nd Creative Lead.
The business are investing heavily in design, but most importantly are firm believers in domain experts. As a result, the design team are being given a lot of runway to build out the function, the product and the brand in their own way making a great environment to have real impact and develop quickly within the team.
- Lead a team of Product Designers focused on evolving PrimaryBid’s flagship products in both B2C and B2B sectors.
- Work end to end through discovery (With support from the Research team) to delivery.
- Work closely with the Head of Design to contribute towards strategic product and brand initiatives.
- Partner closely with Product, UX Research, Engineering and Marketing teams to ensure solutions balance user needs, business strategy and technical requirements.
- Work with Product and Engineering to streamline discovery and delivery.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure that MVPs are well-defined and the design work is implemented to a high standard.
- Work with Product and UX Research to identify the best opportunities both to improve our current products and services and also create innovative new ones.
- Manage the continuous evolution and improvement of the design system, adhering to best practice and accessibility principles.
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive and accessible across the business.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience designing complex commercial apps and platforms.
- Prior experience managing a team of designers.
- A portfolio featuring high quality and detailed case studies of product design outcomes.
- An understanding of designing for iOS, Android and web platforms.
- Strong understanding of UX principles human behaviour.
- Experience of managing the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to beautiful interfaces.
- Experience leading design sprints, ideation exercises and brainstorming sessions.
- The ability to think about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions.
- Reasonable visual design sense, even if not to production ready standard.
- Experience utilising quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product strategy and design direction.
What’s in it for you?
- Impact – You’ll be given a wide scope to influence the future of a high growth product.
- Great team – I may be biased, but I genuinley love the team culture they are building.
- Progression – The team and businesses is growing fast so there will be scope for your role to progress quickly with them.
- Ownership – You’ll be leading the Product Design team with some oversight from the Head of Design, but unltimately it’ll be yours to own.
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company laptop – Dell or Apple device
- More to come!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.