An opportunity to join a unicorn enterprise SaaS scale-up valued at £1.5Billion. Own the build out of their brand new design system with the goal of winning awards and setting the standard for B2B design. Remote-first policy with travel to the Manchester office once a quarter.
They are building a product that helps teams get data business-ready, faster — accelerating time-to-value and increasing the impact data can have.
An extensive client roster in the the thousands (including Cisco, DocuSign, Slack, and TUI) trust their technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
They are now looking to add a Principal UI Designer based in the UK but can be based out of their Manchester HQ or sit remotely across the UK.
The Principal UI Designer is responsible for making user interactions with the product second to none, empowering customers to achieve their goals with delight. Working alongside the Director or User Experience in close collaboration with Principal UX Designers and Product Marketing Managers, you’ll establish a resonant, evolving vision of the future and a strategy to realise it.
As the most senior designer for all things UI, you’ll lead the way towards UI and visual design excellence. By establishing and continuously improving principles that encompass interface, interaction, visual and animation design in accordance with the validated needs of our customers.
You will own the continued creation of the Design System and work with the Platform UI team to build a pattern library, which will include creative direction in building out a visual language that creates distinctive and memorable brand experiences across the product suite.
What will you do?
- Work with Principal UX Designers to define the vision and milestones for UI as part of the UX strategy
- Work with Product Marketing to form strong narratives — defining product and UX principles that strongly resonate with customers
- Lead market/trend analysis and research initiatives to uncover and validate UI design opportunities
- Attain alignment and strategic adoption by regularly communicating the vision for UI across the team
- Cultivate a comprehensive Design System that allows efficient, consistent design to take place at scale
- Participate in user research activities to optimise extendable components and pattern UI
- Work with the Platform UI team (Front End Engineers) to build out a Pattern Library that promotes consistent and accessible foundations for the product teams to build upon
- Support wider members of the design team to bring visual coherence to the customer experience outside of the product suite (brand, web, marketing, video, events collateral etc.)
Is this you?
- UI Obsession — you were born to realise beautiful interactions in everything you do, leaving those who experience it delighted.
- Collaboration mastery — able to inclusively generate alignment on direction, approach and concepts from all levels of stakeholder.
- Excellent communication skills — able to form narratives that align strategic business decision making.
- Advanced presentation skills — able to present ideas/concepts to stakeholders with confidence.
- Hyper-aware and proactive — able to autonomously discover and action opportunities to drive design excellence through ambiguous or complex circumstances.
- Design Intuition — visually literate with a keen eye for aesthetic and fluency in the language of design.
- Proactive — self-organised and ability to plan your work and the work of the team in line with commercial goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Strong leadership – Work under a highly experienced and award winning design leader.
- Autonomy – An environment that encourages autonomy and flexibility as well as high performance.
- Ownership – As the most senior UI Designer in the team, you will have complete ownership of a fundamental part of the customer experience – the Design System and Visual Language.
- Rapid growth – As a growing unicorn, joining them presents an opportunity for accelerated career development.
Package and Benefits:
- Salary between £80,000 and £100,000 DOE
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
- & much more!