Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
You’ll be at the heart of a company that is creating that future.
In this role the client are looking for someone to maintain and improve the technical systems of the lab to ensure that all employees have the technology they need to complete their work. You’ll be promoting digital security, providing technical support and ensuring systems run both effectively and efficiently.
A few things you’ll be doing:
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed.
- Maintain and provide general support for the IT infrastructure of the lab.
- Troubleshoot MacOS, network and storage related issues.
- Manage licenses and purchase/renew software.
- Understand and help with IT procurement.
- Ensure the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability.
- Ensure access to computer resources (data, equipment and facilities) is reasonable and restricted to authorised individuals.
- Monitor and implement security certificates and company compliance of requirements.
- Help onboarding new employees including installing and configuring laptops, software, telephone, network printing, etc.
- Provide the team support and training for software (Office 365, Cisco Webex, Slack, Outlook, etc.) and hardware
- Introduce new/emergent tools, define trialling process and promote adoption.
- Collaborate with the Business Lead and Design Ops Lead to ensure operational security, maintenance and governance.
- Collaborate with IT Specialists from other departments to keep up to date with the wider IT infrastructure and protocols.
- Have a hands-on “no job is too small” mentality.
An ideal background would be:
- Experience with Office 365 and Sharepoint administration.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting for MacOS.
- Experience of working on highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup or agency environment with changing priorities.
- Passionate about automotive and transportation industry.
In return for the above they’ll be offering a 6 month contract, with the opportunity to go permanent at the end if so desired. Up to £350 a day.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.