Our client is an innovative applications development company, focusing on distributed ledger technology and smart contracts.
Based in London at Level39 Fintech hub in Canary Wharf, they have an expert team of blockchain developers that have been building cutting-edge solutions for disruptive start-ups and corporate clients in banking and finance, e-payments, energy trading, aviation, telecommunications and social impact sectors.
They’re now building a new generation of decentralised applications, working through some of the most interesting problems in this field such as KYC, identity management, transactions anonymity, encryption and data security.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop cutting edge software solutions for start-ups and corporate clients
- Engage with clients to understand their product vision and design proof-of-concept and production grade products
- Develop smart contracts on solidity
- Liaise with frontend developers to build APIs for web and mobile
- Write automated tests for smart contracts and server side code
- Design and build large scale, high volume systems
Required skills & experience:
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- 2+ years of Node.js
- Experience in writing automated tests
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Experience with SQL and NoSql Databases (MySQL/Postgres, Redis)
- Good understanding of Linux
- Git knowledge (feature branches, github flow)
- Any experience with React or React Native would be a massive bonus.
Additional desirable experience:
- Knowledge of ES6+/ES2015+ (new features, specifically: Promises, Async/Await and Generators)
- Experience in API development and best practices (testing, documenting, versioning, monitoring)
- Testing Frameworks (Jest, Mocha/Chai/Should.js, Enzyme)
- Docker experience (Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Cloud computing platforms: Azure, AWS (user roles / network configuration / VM deployment)
- Experience with EC2 APIs (S3, creating and configuring networks and VMs programmatically)
- Experience in React
- Blockchain knowledge – Bitcoin: bitcoin core software and rpc api, bitcoin js libraries, block explorer apis, op-return and timestamping. Ethereum: web3.js, setting up and running geth/parity nodes, solidity smart contracts, truffle.js
- HTML and CSS
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.