Our client is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become the first vertically integrated florist software company.
Since launching in 2016 they’ve been voted one of the top UK 100 startups two years in a row, as well as having created long lasting relationships with florists across all of the UK and New York.
They’re looking to give florists the tools to create and deliver bouquets to their communities. You’d be working on developing a tool that provides inventory management, a wholesale shop and even website builders and POS systems. It is the first vertically integrated SaaS for this area of the market, so lots for you to get stuck into!
You will be:
- Collaborate with the multi disciplinary team to deliver innovative products
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain backend services and APIs
- Create robust data pipelines, guiding and cleansing data through our whole stack. From wholesale to consumer.
- Collaborate on designing the infrastructure of our SaaS product
- Ensure best practices, standards and tooling are used
- Be in an environment that encourages learning new technologies and supports your career progression
- Use the feedback of other team members to progress as an engineer. Transparency and mutual support are key to the success of any engineering team, we review and discuss code openly. Approaching technical challenges as a group, always striving to help each other develop and learn from one another’s mistakes
Ideally, you’ll have the following experience:
- You are self-driven, adaptable, resourceful and able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You have at least 3 years professional experience (this experience level is a guide, all we care about is your skills and drive)
- You are comfortable with both relational and NoSQL databases
- You’ve built APIs using a modern JS framework like node.js and enjoy using modern web technologies
- You have used a Cloud Service like AWS
- You enjoy discussing technical problems as a team and collaborating on a solution
- You believe you have good communication skills, with which you can explain technical issues to team members of all technical levels
- Bonus if you’ve dealt with inventory systems or realtime data
These guys are very early on in the development of their product so there is a real opportunity for you to have input into how things are developed. They’re offering a salary of up to £70K (though have said they’ll go higher for the ideal person) as well as share options. They’ve got a great office and you’ll be joining a hungry, innovative team. You’ll also get a MacBook Pro and they’ve got lots of ideas for more perks in the future.