If you’re the type of developer who’s looking for a role where you’ll be both a decision maker and a problem solver then this position may well be of interest.
The company are at the start of an ambitious period of growth across their European businesses, so there is lots of work to get stuck into.
The company supports some of the world’s most recognizable brands, helping solve the business challenges of each. As a 3rd party insurance company, they deal with anything from expensive car repairs to unexpected expenses to misplaced phones.
They are very big on innovation, introducing new ideas to the marketplace that turn insight into competitive advantage. They follow 4 key core values within the company:
- Common Sense – Implementing simple, straightforward solutions.
- Common Decency – Act with integrity and treat others with respect, courtesy, and kindness.
- Uncommon Thinking – Think outside the box, seek diverse perspectives and thrive on challenge.
- Uncommon Results – Focus on actionable solutions that deliver measurable results.
You’ll be collaborating with the design and test functions and chosen third party partners to deliver digital solutions, ensuring quality, performance and regulatory standards are met. To give you an idea, here are a few of the key responsibilities:
- Create low-level design, codes, tests, corrects and document moderately complex programmes and scripts from specifications and iterations, using agreed standards and tools.
- Contribute to the implementation of a long term strategic vision of the team, and technologies used.
- Collaborating closely with others whilst interpreting standards to meet project needs.
- Providing peer reviews of colleague’s work to ensure quality.
Ideally, you’re comfortable taking part in every bit of the process, from generating ideas and concepts, to building them using simple solutions to complex problems. You’ll need to be independent and well organised, enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for a project, and consistently deliver high quality work in both design and development.
- Strong coding knowledge in ASP.NET, with knowledge of MVC, ASP.NET Core.
- Knowledge of software engineering tools (ADO, TDS, GIT etc.)
- An in-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
In return for the above they’re offering a salary of £50K as well as a pretty extensive list of benefits.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.