Join one of the most recognisable brands in the country with global reach. You will be part of a well-established design team and have tons of growth opportunities
This is one of those huge UK household names – everyone knows them and they’ve become one of the top platforms in the country giving users the best options for insurance, energy/utilities, broadband, digital TV, loans, credit cards, ISA’s and more. They are on a mission to help consumers take control of their finances by defining the future of price comparison.
For almost 30 years they have gone from strength to strength, and now have close to 10million customers and a head count near 3,000!
They also understand the importance of achieving a healthy and balanced lifestyle, so they have built an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and the business alongside a host of other benefits including:
- Flexible working. (Work from home options as well as flexible start/end times.)
- 4% bonus per annum.
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional plus 1 extra day for each year of services.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days – partner with local charities to raise money and awareness
- Highly charitable company with a yearly target to give back. Previous examples include marathon running to raise money, travelling to Zambia to help build schools for communities and more.
- Mental Health awareness and well-being groups
- LGBTQ+ advocates
- ‘Award balls’ every 18 months recognising significant achievements across the business.
- Access to company products and services including many of the customer perks.
- Team social events such as Darts, The Crystal Maze, Cocktail Making, Breakfasts etc.
Customer experience and the design team is at the very heart of everything they do. Split in to three key elements (UR, UX, and Optimisation) they have a growing team that will be 25 in total. It currently looks like:
- UX (Including UI/Product Designers) = team of 10
- UR = team of 4 (They have their own in-house research lab with a ton of tools at their disposal)
- Optimisation = team of 8
You will work closely with researchers, product owners and engineers to dig deep in to what your users really need so that you can design, test and launch solutions that change their expectations for the better.
- Creating a brand-new, unified design system with shared components for 30+ products that are all currently using independent design systems.
- Redesigning the mobile app from the ground up.
- Redesign of their insurance product (this is their biggest product, no one in the UK sells insurance more than they do) – HUGE project
- Further product discovery, personalisation, optimisation, BAU
- Big opportunity to work on the Rewards part of the platform and gain exposure to different businesses that they partner with.
What yo will need:
- Experience working across both UX and UI.
- Stakeholder management ability – Confidence in your ability is key and having the ability to push back on stakeholders as well as understanding them is incredibly important.
- Tools, tools, tools! – You need to be comfortable starting from scratch with a good ol’ sharpie and sketchpad but also need to be able to use design and prototyping tools (of choice) like Sketch, Figma, Principle, Framer etc.
- Axure experience would is a bonus.
- User experience process case studies – It’s important that you’re able to demonstrate your ability to apply basic UX principles to different projects such as research, ideation, sketching, prototyping and delivery.
- UI Design examples – Experience building components for, or working with a design system is also a plus.
- Native mobile product experience – Another bonus but not essential.
Why you will love it:
- Huge reach – A chance to work on products with Millions of users. I will be surprised if you haven’t used at least one of them yourself.
- Growth and development – The Design Manager has a huge focus on developing his team, so you will receive a ton of support and growth opportunities.
- Flexible, adult environment – As long as you deliver, you can do it your way.
- Impact – with some major redesigns in the pipeline, it’s a great time to make your mark.