Help the 100,000's of students graduating from University to secure an internship[ or graduate role through intuitive and innovative digital solutions.
Picture this scene:
You have just graduated. Ready to trake your first steps in your career and enter the real world. Full of energy, exitement, newly aquired knowlge and ambition. You hit the jobs boards, recruitment fairs and email companies directly but, you soon discover that finding that first role after graduating is often far harder than you first believed it would be.
How would you like to contribute to the success of thousands of fresh graduates, and make the job hunt process easier and more enjoyable?
The aim of this company has been to help students make the transition into a full-time career as smoothly as possible by providing tools for students to discover relevant opportunities, display their skills in a more appropriate way than many other platforms and ensure that employers get to see the many different sides of a candidate from their personality, through to skills, preferences, ambitions, hobbies and much more.
Launched a few years back, they’ve been featured multiple times in both the App Store and Play Store as App of the Day, and awarded several times as a leading example of smart mobile technology. They’ve since become the go-to platform for many well known brands looking to bring great gragds into their graduate programmes.
It’s an exciting time for the business as they look to take their candidate experience to the next level through further improved User Experience.
You will be the first designer joining this growing product team as they expand. The business is still very much a start-up with 15 people in total but are currently building a small product team consisting of a Product Manager, Data/Business Analyst and Developers to work alongside you.
Your responsibilities will include;
● Understanding users and their needs for building product, onboarding, retention etc.
● Conducting and managing product discovery interviews, surveys, A/B testing and employer visits etc.
● Creating prototypes and MVPs for discovery purposes i.e. to de-risk usability, feasibility, viability and value.
● Producing assets to illustrate and communicate user journeys and product flows.
● Working with engineers and product teams to make sure design requirements are being met, before and after implementation.
● Delivering user experiences to increase product adoption and retention.
Design Guidelines and System
● Enhancing and maintaining the Design System across desktop, mobile and responsive experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, take a hands-on approach and enjoy working as part of a growing team.
You will have:
● Hunger for personal growth.
● Ability to lead independently.
● Experience in customer development.
● Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
● Solid understanding of Agile principles and processes.
● Significant prior experience as a UX Designer with UI design capabilities also.
● Solid understanding of UCD principles, tools and techniques like wireframing and prototyping.