Mid to Senior UX Product Designer required for one of the largest hospitality companies out there.
This is one of those huge household UK names – everyone knows them and they’ve become one of the top brands in the country. You’ll without a doubt used one of their services before!
With flexible and remote work but lovely offices minutes away from Farringdon in London, they’re also well situated within an incredible digital hub of diverse and unique brands and teams. Not to mention lots of options for lunch!
The team setup
There are 2 main core product areas within the business – Hotels and Restaurants
Within each of those product areas is a squad made up of a Product Lead, Product Manager, UX Designer (you!), UI Designer, Developer and more.
UX team = 5 people
- Led by a seasoned Lead UX Designer who has plenty of experience to learn from
The role & projects
Some key highlights projects include:
- Cross-platform including Web and Mobile
- Native mobile app design across iOS, Android and Tablet
- Improving bookings and offering after sales
- Ensuring design solutions are driven by evidence from both qualitative and quantitative sources i.e. User Research
- Product discovery and early concept testing
- Innovation workshops and Design Sprints
- Optimising the existing platform
- Working with commercial partners to improve the customer experience beyond the platforms
- Help mentor junior members on the team
- Suggest and implement best practices and ways of working
- Work closely with the Lead UX to identify opportunities in the product roadmap
The sky really is the limit here. This isn’t a role where things are done in a certain way all the time. This really is an opportunity for you to work on projects in your own way, experimenting and trying new things.
- Work from home 1 day every two weeks (remote for now due to Covid)
- Flexible hours i.e. 8-4PM
- Charitable partnering with Great Ormond Street hospital
- Collaboration is the biggest part about the digital team. Huge opportunity for learning and development simply from more experienced team members
- Lead UX Designer; A thoroughbred UX’er with years of experience in the field. Knows how to build the foundation of good UX in a person so brilliant person to learn from and be mentored by
- Product teams encouraged to spend time together outside of work
A few key points to consider before applying:
- You’ll be a UX focussed Product Designer at the moment with 3 or more years of experience
- Have some experience of eCommerce
- Strong stakeholder management ability
- Have a good visual eye.
- Exposure to User Research
- A portfolio of work showcasing some of your work ideally in case studies
- Native App design experience is a bonus, not essential
- Axure experience is a bonus, not essential
Stage 1: face to face chat with Lead UX Designer (informal chat)
Stage 2: 2-hour face to face, competency based, talk through and end-to-end case study with Lead UX Designer
If you are interested, please apply now!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.