An awesome opportunity to work with a very UX-mature agency and highly skilled, friendly team. They even have their own labs!
They’re quite small but will also use contractors when needed. However, the bulk of their internal team are made up of UX consultants and also Service Designers. Many have HCI backgrounds and all are enthusiastic about offering a premium and thorough service to their clients. Attention to detail, hard work and proper process are key for them.
This agency are also big on values and ethics. So they don’t do any work within sectors such as gambling, alcohol, defense, tobacco etc.
No one’s required in their London office for rest of this year (although the office is open for anyone who actually wants to go in – there are some who still do). Going forward, work will remain remote until things get better with Covid. Once things return to ‘normal’ there will still be a lot of flexibility for those that want it e.g. 2-3 days in office/2-3 days from home.
*sorry, sponsorship isn’t available however*
You’d work across a range of sectors where you’ll be involved with anything from service design strategy to cross platform web re-designs and apps, and conducting design research.
They’re looking for a solid UX Consultant. Not a hybrid UX/UI or Product Designer. If anything thing this would be a hybrid User Research/UX Designer person they’re looking for.
They want to see evidence of your process within your portfolio, including research/testing, through to wireframes, user journeys, prototypes (lo-hi fidelity) etc.
- Leading on, and conducting many types of design research, including in-depth lab interviews, usability tests, ethnographic or contextual research, and focus groups.
- Translating research findings into compelling and actionable insight.
- Leading in the production of low and high fidelity prototypes using Axure, Invision, Balsamiq or other relevant tools.
- Working directly with stakeholders helping them distil project goals and objectives into project requirements.
- Designing exciting and innovative concepts that can be applied across platform.
- Sharing knowledge and skills with the rest of the team on UX best practice, recognising potential in the latest technology and other service design trends.
- Previous agency or consultancy experience would be hugely beneficial.
- High standard of report writing, making it easier for clients to connect the dots with clear communication and actionable recommendations.
- Someone who’s active in the market past your 9-5 responsibilities e.g. regularly attend digital/ux events or write blogs linked to the industry.
- You’ll have a portfolio demonstrating your experience of UX methods, digital design trends and supporting assets.
- Advanced use of modern UX tools and platforms such as Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience as a User Researcher or UX Designer with strong User Research ability.
- Any service design experience is also a big bonus.
If this is of interest to you and you fit the criteria, then please do apply asap with your CV and portfolio to stand the best chance of getting an interview
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.