This is a brilliant opportunity to truly make a social difference, working for a large charity who help a wide variety of people all over the country. You'll be part of the Customer Journey Team, helping lead the transformation of their products and services.
This client has a network of charities all over the UK who offer services online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Their team work to understand people’s problems and provide accessible support to meet their needs through multi-channel products and services.
They do this with thousands of local staff and even more trained volunteers. This allows them to have a significant reach not only digitally but physically too.
You’ll be working to better understand the problems people face and ensure that their service meets user needs and helps solve complex problems. You’ll work with content designers, user researchers, service designers and developers to deliver content in agile product teams. You’ll also have access to unrivaled insights, data and internal expertise to help you understand the help people need.
Additionally, you’ll work with user researchers to test your prototypes and live products with a wide range of users to ensure you’re delivering information in the best formats to meet their needs, their emotions, and state of mind.
This client are hiring for 2 Product Designers; 1 Mid-weight Product Designer (up to £44k) and 1 Senior Product Designer (up to £56k).
In both instances there is a slight lean more towards UX than UI, however you will be used end-to-end.
In either case, your core focus will be to create an inclusive and coherent user experience for this charity’s core public site and digital products. You will help ensure that their services and content meet user needs, using Product Design best practices and maintain their brand guidelines.
Some other key deliverables include;
● Creating accessible interfaces and systems which are easy to use for anyone on any device.
● Designing using clear and effective layout, typography and colour to clearly communicate function and hierarchy.
● Organising content and navigation effectively in complex systems (information architecture and wireframing).
● Interrogating current user journeys and difficulties, designing flow between digital touch points and considering error recovery.
● Lead prototyping approach and fidelity to effectively demonstrate and test proposed functionality and systems behavior.
● Actively seek insights from usability studies with a range of people, using findings to make evidence based decisions.
Must haves include;
● Proven track record of designing successful products by using user centred design techniques and evidence based decision making.
● Confident designing and delivering workshops to explore ideas and capture needs.
● Passionate about coaching and engaging non-specialists in user centred design.
● Experience working in a multi-disciplinary product teams, building and testing prototypes, seeking insights from data and user research.
● A thorough understanding of accessibility and experience delivering inclusively designed products (this really is key).
● Extensive experience of delivering responsive designs using tools such as Sketch and Figma.
● Confident using rapid prototyping techniques and able to design and iterate using everything from basic sketches to high fidelity prototypes.
● Demonstrable interaction design skills, delivering interfaces and features that fit a user’s activities and goals within the context of a range of potential cognitive and emotional states.
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!