An exciting transformation opportunity with a globally leading personal investment company. A house-hold name who have been going since 1975 but with a energy and ambition of a start-up, are building a new platform that will allow customers to manage their own folios. This company are seeking 9 product designers to join their team.
Are you an experienced Product Designer with experience within asset management, FinTech or finance? If so, this could be the role for you!
Our client are a major success story in the personal investment space. What makes them stand out from the competition is that it is owned by investor funds, and therefore is totally committed to positive outcomes for its investors, offering low cost index tracking funds which are some of the cheapest to invest available. They don’t have share holders like traditional investment funds so the benefits are reaped by their investors – the you’s and me’s of the world.
They are the fastest growing direct investment platform in the UK. 300,000 customers, since only 2017, with a vision to grow this to 1,000,000 by 2025.
In these roles, you will:
- Work closely with product managers, stakeholders and delivery teams to solve problems and reduce friction for our users.
- Create engaging visual designs and UX solutions that will continually improve our client & prospect experience for both direct investors and our new Advice service
- Work closely with the Product Owner to translate business requirements and user needs into UX flows UI designs.
- Create visuals for the Personal Investor UK interface that will not just meet but goes beyond client and prospect needs to drive site satisfaction and site conversion.
- Advocate for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions and best practices (e.g., responsive, accessibility) – familiarity with working with a Design System would be helpful
- Understand and incorporate insight to constantly improve journeys and task completion for different types of users
- Evolve design thinking in teams and show how we can use digital to differentiate Vanguard to provide the best in class experience.
- Strong understanding and vision for what ‘great’ looks like for Personal Investor including how to improve site metrics.
- Take into account every aspect of the user’s experience, with business and marketing goals, to coordinate and deliver design, prototype, and documentation, to the highest possible standards.
- Advanced knowledge of user-centred design principles, visual design, user behaviour, interactions, and Vanguard’s brand.
The ideal candidate:
- BA/BSc degree in a related field (beneficial but not essential)
- 5-8 years of both UX/UI design, ideally with experience in asset management, FinTech or finance.
- Strong collaborator, facilitator and communicator. Experience working with the US is a plus.
- Deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios.
- Advanced knowledge of the latest UI/UX design practices and concepts for mobile platforms.
- Strong knowledge of design / UX applications and collaboration tools such as Invision, Visio, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch.
- An outstanding portfolio of work samples demonstrating your experience.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.