If you are a Product Designer who isn't afraid to push boundaries, who cares about their customers and wants to better a product, this is the perfect opportunity for you. This rapidly growing Fintech has just received their banking licence and are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join them on their exciting new journey.
This FinTech really can boast customer centricity. With an NPS score in the 80’s, they have proven their ability to deliver great experiences to their customers. Originally launching in 2005, their journey has constantly evolved as they have added many new services to their offering from loans and mortgages to peer to peer lending and investing. They are now going through another huge transformation following receiving their banking licence and are now gearing up to launch their own bank.
The current Product Team is set up with 5 squads each with their own business area and horizontal tribes that look after other business functions. The new Head of Design has big, ambitious plans and is levelling up the design culture, collaboration and processes that are followed across the business.
An exciting time to get involved as the pending new bank launch has also kicked off a major re-branding project that the entire team will be involved in.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead the design process for your squad, conducting some research (in collaboration with a dedicated researcher) to dig down in to the needs of your users within the business area you own, and develop solutions through a user centred and iterative approach.
You will work closely with a product owner, developers and other designers to improve the entire journey while remembering the business values – trust, honesty and transparency. Not something often associated with loan providers!
What will you be doing?
- Designing user friendly and intuitive user experiences for both web and mobile.
- Working end to end from research through to polished Visual design.
- Solving problems for users and removing friction points in the product.
- Working collaboratively with wider team members in an agile environment.
- Maximizing accessibility, clarity and transparency in your designs.
- Running user testing on design concepts to ensure you are solving user needs.
- Contribute to, and maintain, the new brand guidelines and design system.
What you need:
- An interest in solving complex problems for customers.
- You’re excited by testing your design ideas and seeing what customers really think of them.
- Reasonable level of visual design and rapid prototyping skills demonstrated by a portfolio of past work.
- A portfolio of case studies demonstrating your experience designing end to end.
- Experience working in cross-functional agile teams.
Why you will love it:
- Autonomy – Each squad sets their own goals and road maps, so you have the freedom to solve the problems you feel matter most.
- Ownership – As the Senior Designer for the team, you will own your business area and be a champion for your user group.
- Challenge the norm – These guys are trying to break the traditional FS and FinTech mould, if you want to find brand new ways to help people manage their money, this is perfect for you.
- Impact – As they are going through a major transformation, it’s a chance to really impact the product, brand and design culture moving forward.
- Benefits – Flexible working, Enhanced M/Paternity leave, Private healthcare, Discounted gym membership, Product Discounts, Season ticket loans, Cycle to work scheme and tons of social events.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact then you need to apply to this role.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.