Join a constantly growing ecommerce/tech business as a Product Designer The role will be temporarily remote due to Covid-19 but with flexible working long term.
Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it can be a complex decision to make with many different variables playing a part. Throw in the many issues that people face throughout the process and it can become a stressful endeavour.
These guys are looking to fix those issues and make car buying a simple, seamless and enjoyable process for everyone.
In order to do this, Design and Customer Centricity is at the core of everything they do and their Product Design team hold a lot of weight in driving the future vision of the business.
They’re a highly motivated team of 200+ based in three offices globally and are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs. They’ve raised over £48m in funding since launch and are still growing fast.
If you are all about making businesses and services better for the people that use them, this could be the chance to get involved with something huge.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be reporting directly to the Head of Design. You’ll be a member of one of our six Product Squads, working in Agile practices and collaborating with other Product Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers.
The team take a data-driven approach to product development and love to learn as they ship. The team has direct access to an abundance of user insights to help guide their Product Vision and thinking.
In your role you will receive direct coaching from the Head of Design who has over 15 years of experience in UX and Branding. He has a passion for developing his team and you’ll be given all the support in skill development, building your autonomy and wellbeing, that you need to take your career to the next level as well as ensure the perfect work-life balance.
- Practice user-centred focused design. Have the user at the heart of your thinking, can empathise by defining a user problem, create stories, establish design goals and success metrics. Openly challenge assumptions and validate problems with research and data.
- Working end to end through the Product Design lifecycle to create seamless experiences and launch new features for our users.
- Support the continuous improvement of existing features by analysing data, developing new solutions and testing hypothesis.
- Take a mobile first approach to responsive Web design.
- Contribute to the Design System.
- Have significant experience as a Digital Product Designer (or UX, UI, Interaction Designer).
- Be a ‘T-Shaped’ designer. You don’t need to be an expert in all aspects of Product Design, but a good understanding of the full process is desirable.
- A portfolio with at least one case study, of either a user flow, feature or A/B experiment that shows the design process in-depth, including: problem definition, research and evidence, wireframes, UI prototypes and production-ready designs.
- Knowledge of using data to make informed decisions, this may include; running surveys, Google Analytics ( or equivalent ), or user testing
- Maintained and added new components to a pattern library (e.g. Sketch, Framer, Figma)
- Manage the end-to-end design process, including the writing of handover specifications to developers
- Salary up to £55,000
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Private pension scheme
- Flexible working: Up to 2 days maximum in the office.
You’ll also be eligible for a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. They have also introduced a ‘work from anywhere for a month each year’ policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.