Lead UX Designer needed for a leading tech consultancy. Opportunity to help lead, grow and contribute to a team of talented designers. Working across Media & Entertainment, Finance and Govt., with the option to focus on what you're passionate about and learn from others.
Founded in 2000, our client is a leading tech consultancy who’ve created a great environment for their employees to create, collaborate, and grow in an agile and pace environment. They make sure they hire talented individuals so that they can trust them with autonomy and reward them when they deliver. This creates an awesome work environment which has resulted in a 90% staff retention rate.
They provide software, digital solutions and customer service second to none, across a wide range of industries such as Media & Entertainment, Finance and Government.
You’ll be working in a wonderful mix of UI, UX, researchers and service designers on a variety of projects. They encourage their team to engage and be inquisitive, to not be afraid to fail and to create an environment where everyone can flourish. You’ll have the chance to follow your designs across both design diamonds. Unlike most agencies, they don’t just focus on innovation, proof-of-concept and early-stage engagements, but also have the cross functional teams to deliver the amazing experiences you conceive. You will work very closely with their clients in intense, user-focused, prototype driven sprints, that grow into long-term relationships.
● 7+ years’ experience working as a UX, Service or Interaction designer within agency, design studio or product environment
● Pitching to clients and taking them through the project from beginning to end is essential
● In-depth knowledge and application of design thinking methodology
● With full accountability, have led projects from the design perspective
● Loves planning and facilitating workshops
● A highly strategic mindset – knows how to develop compelling value propositions for end users
● Can show us interesting and thought-provoking approaches to design challenges (both successes and failures), i.e. from building compelling value propositions for users to realising these in design artefacts
● Enjoys line management, or have mentoring experience
● Experience working within design sprints/agile methodologies
● Understanding of how to align and prioritise business need to user needs
● Awesome hands-on skills in delivering prototypes and design artefacts. Likes producing sketches, task-flows, story-boards, site-maps, system maps, user journeys etc
● A strong POV on how to continuously improve and set the standard for our design output
● Ability to carry out qualitative research & user testing, collaborated with researchers
● Experience in scoping and outlining approaches to projects – can provide realistic time/scope/risk estimates for a project, define artefacts and milestones
● Work with the team and wider project partners to identify opportunities, raise risks and prioritise project goals
● A strong advocate of design quality within a business setting, understanding where this gives the best value
● Help clients through the process of aligning behind solutions that help deliver their business objectives