Lead UX Designer needed to work in a well respected creative agency
Our client provides end-to-end solutions through creative, data, commerce, consulting and technology services at a global scale.
We are looking for an experienced Lead UX Designer who is passionate, creative and ready for some exciting new challenges!
- Provide leadership in the creation of digital products and services
- Effectively manage UX design resource within a project to facilitate the delivery of a digital product on budget and on time
- Lead research and user testing activities; from in-person ethnographic studies to one-on-one user testing
- Act as an ambassador for the experience design team. Sell and evangelise the value of UX and design both internally and to clients in order to win more engagements
- Translate strategic design principles into controls, mechanisms and processes that users require to meet goals
- Create user journeys, information hierarchies and experience design approaches (from sketches to oversight of final designs), in support of campaigns, new destination launches and ongoing improvement initiatives
- Brief teams and be the product owner for UI outputs
- Craft and deliver engaging presentations that inspire audiences and drive results
The ideal candidate:
- Experiene working with multidisciplinary teams on a range of products
- Passion for people, with a proven ability to work across large-scale engagements
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a great attitude, prioritising work and resources – even when timelines, budgets and availabilities change
- Make the case for what you believe in, always advocating for the people who use our products
- Work well under pressure, keeping your cool when the deadlines change
- Be an expert, continually learning about people, design and technology, helping colleagues improve their design practice
- Stays stubbornly curious
If you think this sounds like you, apply with your CV/Portfolio ASAP.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.