This is a a genuinely great opportunity to join a close-knit UX team already in place and enjoy working for an agency who truly value the benefit of proper UX processes - particularly UX Research.
The agency’s Experience Design team is central to customer thinking and experience design at the company. A highly dedicated team of UX/CX architects, all of whom have skills in both UX research and design, are committed to excellence in user understanding and design thinking from the customer’s point of view.
They work on user-centred projects from the design of individual communications to full contact strategies and design of client’s product and service offerings.
Contrary to some people’s thoughts about agency-life, these guys offer a great work/life balance and on top of this the Head of UX is someone who really looks out for her team and makes a point of helping develop their profiles further whilst protecting them from company politics.
As Lead UX Architect you will work on a wide range of projects from the design of individual communications such as emails, through to campaigns, websites and complex multi-channel contact strategies.
Reporting to the Head of Experience Design, you will take ownership of UX design, research and strategy on key accounts at the agency, supported by other members of the UX team depending on project size and scope.
You will have a blend of practical UX design and research skills, with a strong understanding of UX strategy, client and business needs and excellent client-facing skills.
You will also have extensive experience in a range of qualitative research methods and be able to propose, design and deliver research studies within a user-centred design framework.
They are looking for;
- Significant experience in both UX Research and Design, with extensive experience in qualitative research methods
- Practical experience of user research – as a facilitator
- Evidence that you have planned and executed a range of customer and user research studies
- Evidence that you have integrated research findings into experience design including the creation of personas, journey maps, customer experience principles – as well as interface design
- The ability to prototype (Axure and/or Sketch), as well as design user flows of different levels of complexity
- Empathy for and desire to understand real users – rather than making assumptions
- An understanding of the role of client and business needs within a project
- Client-facing skills, including the ability to communicate simply and clearly to a range of audiences
- Ideally you will also be experienced with customer experience design – designing beyond the interface. Experience of Service Design processes and activities would be advantageous.
- An interest in new technologies, new methodologies and a desire to continuously learn
- Passion for UX and user-centred thinking, and no ego.
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.