Lead UI Designer needed for a leading tech consultancy. Opportunity to help lead, grow and contribute to a team of talented designers. Working across Media & Entertainment, Finance and Govt., with the option to focus on what you're passionate about and learn from others.
Founded in 2000, our client is a leading tech consultancy who’ve created a great environment for their employees to create, collaborate, and grow in an agile and pace environment. They make sure they hire talented individuals so that they can trust them with autonomy and reward them when they deliver. This creates an awesome work environment which has resulted in a 90% staff retention rate.
They provide software, digital solutions and customer service second to none, across a wide range of industries such as Media & Entertainment, Finance and Government.
You’ll be working in a wonderful mix of UI, UX, researchers and service designers on a variety of projects. They encourage their team to engage and be inquisitive, to not be afraid to fail and to create an environment where everyone can flourish. You’ll have the chance to follow your designs across both design diamonds. Unlike most agencies, they don’t just focus on innovation, proof-of-concept and early-stage engagements, but also have the cross functional teams to deliver the amazing experiences you conceive. You will work very closely with their clients in intense, user-focused, prototype driven sprints, that grow into long-term relationships.
- 7+ years’ experience working as a UI or visual designer within agency, design studio or product environment
- Fluent usage of Adobe Creative Suite & Figma, or similar
- Can show us interesting and thought-provoking approaches to design challenges (both successes and failures), from story boarding to prototypes
- Ability to interpret & push brand guidelines into creative designs that excite both clients and users
- Love experimenting with bold solutions to typography, colour and composition
- Can scope and outlining approaches to projects
- Mentoring or line management experience
- Experience working within design sprints/agile methodologies
- Knowledge of design thinking methodology
- Keen interest and awareness of design trends
- A strong POV on how to continuously improve and set the standard for our design output
- Lead clients and the team members in workshops, design walkthroughs and presentations
- Work with the team and wider project partners to identify opportunities, raise risk and prioritise project goals
- Help clients through the process of aligning behind solutions that help deliver their business objectives
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.