This design and innovation consultancy are looking for an experienced Service Designer for a 12 month FTC - with the chance of going perm afterwards.
This consultancy pride themselves on making a positive impact; they operate largely in the early stages of strategic projects so there’s lots of interesting discovery research, strategic direction setting, and exciting creative vision work!
They have an impressive roster of clients including the BBC, Sony, several charities, and Universities.
You will be leading the Service Design practice for this design studio, working on really interesting challenges where digital isn’t the only focus. In a nutshell, they apply design approaches to business problems.
Your role will include:
- Leading Service Design projects, managing clients and project teams which will usually consist of at least a designer and researcher from this consultancy, and designers and researchers from the client’s side too
- Line managing the service design team of 4 in the studio
- Contributing to business development activities, meeting with existing and potential clients
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Experience leading a team of Service Designers
- You have several years experience working as a pure Service Designer
- Confident pitching to clients and able to build long-lasting successful relationships
- An agency/consultancy background would definitely be highly beneficial here
- A strong communicator, easily able to articulate your ideas to others
And what can you expect from them?
- A lovely and passionate team of 13 that all come from varied backgrounds, so there’s a ton of experience to learn from!
- A company where research is highly valued and embedded into everything they work on
- Lots of skill-sharing opportunities, they’re keen to nurture the talent of all of their employees
- They take an ethical stance with the projects they take on, making a positive impact through their work is key!
- Unlimited holiday, medical insurance and workplace pension scheme
Please note, this role is maternity cover but there is the potential to move into a permanent position after 12 months, as this brand are keen to invest time and skills into this person.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in, then get in touch with your CV and portfolio and let’s have a chat!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.