Health is the second biggest concern for many people globally (after money). This start-up are working closely with the NHS and contributing to solving that problem, but they need the help of a Design Lead to get them there.
With the goal of helping people to take control of their health and lifestyle, this start-up is actively fighting against lifestyle diseases through the use of behavioural science, tech and a fantastic team.
Still pretty early stage having only launched three years ago, but have seen some great success and recognition in that short time. This includes a Top 50 EU start-up listing and the founders being listed in the Forbes 30 under 30.
Their company values speak volumes. Including statements like ‘Do the right thing’, ‘Keep growing’ and ‘Enjoy the ride’. Everyone in the team is working together for one big goal – to change people’s lives for the better. This means there is tons of support, passion and collaboration to help get you and them to the finish line.
As the first in the Design team, you will play a key role in defining brand and product vision, own the product design process and push to build a truly impactful product for users.
Leading the end-to-end design of their web and mobile based products from conducting research to the look and feel you will have total ownership of a lifechanging product. In time, you will have the responsibility of hiring, developing and managing a team of your own which will see a natural progression in to a ‘Head of Design’ role.
- Define and implement the product vision and design strategy in collaboration with product owners and developers to build delightful experiences for users.
- Spearhead the cultivation of the design culture for the team and wider business, including championing user-centric design and maintaining a collaborative design process.
- Plan and lead user research sessions to identify key user needs including (but not limited to) user interviews, remote and in-person usability studies etc.
- Communicate research findings to the wider business and stakeholder to help inform decision-making.
- Identify user and business needs and take these through to new solutions for both web and mobile digital products.
- Build and manage a team of designers within the product team; this includes hiring and mentoring all levels of designers to deliver their best work.
- Build and own a design system that will influence the look and feel and project workflows of all products moving forward.
What you need:
- Proven experience as an end to end (UX & UI) Product Designer.
- A portfolio of case studies outlining your process from research to polished visuals.
- Experience leading user research sessions.
- A flexible approach to design and embrace the challenges that come with a fast growing start-up.
- Prior experience mentoring more Junior members of a team.
Why you’ll love it:
- Impact – not only by building a life changing product, but have real scope to impact the future of that product.
- Development – Grow in to a Head of Design role and lead your own team as well as company wide Lunch and Learn sessions and development budgets.
- Passion – The team are a bunch of truly passionate people, pushing to build a product that will have real impact on peoples lives.
- Social – Regular team and company social events from drinks to game nights and everything in between.
- Benefits – Great package including: Bonus, Share options, Flexible working / work from home, Social events, discounts and more.
Sound interesting? Click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.