Continuing our retained project with PriamaryBid to build out a centralised Design function across Product and Brand. The next key hire in this team is a Product Design Lead who will support the Design Director, leading from a project perspective. This a non-managing Lead role but you will help to mentor more junior members around you.
PrimaryBid is an award-winning, FCA regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. They have completed over 130 transactions including for high profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K. Recently they also ran the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee and Cellular Goods with their new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $190m Series-C from leading global investors in 2022 and is using this to expand internationally. They have exclusive commercial agreements in place with the London Stock Exchange and Euronext (the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone) with presence in over nine geographies.
The Design team is growing fast, now at 12 across Research, Product Design, Interaction, Brand, Motion and Copy.
The business are investing heavily in design, but most importantly are firm believers in domain experts. As a result, the design team are being given a lot of runway to build out the function, the product and the brand in their own way making a great environment to have real impact and develop quickly within the team.
- Lead a team of Product Designers focused on evolving PrimaryBid’s flagship products in both B2C and B2B sectors.
- Work end to end through discovery (With support from the Research team) to delivery.
- Work closely with the Design Director to contribute towards strategic product and brand initiatives.
- Partner closely with Product, UX Research, Engineering and Marketing teams to ensure solutions balance user needs, business strategy and technical requirements.
- Work with Product and Engineering to streamline discovery and delivery.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure that MVPs are well-defined and the design work is implemented to a high standard.
- Work with Product and UX Research to identify the best opportunities both to improve current products and services and also create innovative new ones.
- Manage the continuous evolution and improvement of the design system, adhering to best practice and accessibility principles.
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive and accessible across the business.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience designing complex commercial apps and platforms.
- A portfolio featuring high quality and detailed case studies of product design outcomes.
- An understanding of designing for iOS, Android and web platforms.
- Strong understanding of UX principles and human behaviour.
- Experience of managing the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to beautiful interfaces.
- Experience leading design sprints, ideation exercises and brainstorming sessions.
- The ability to think about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Experience utilising quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product strategy and design direction.
What’s in it for you?
Impact – You’ll be given a wide scope to influence the future of a high growth product.
Great team – I may be biased, but I genuinely love the team culture they are building.
Progression – The team and businesses is growing fast so there will be scope for your role to progress quickly with them.
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Equity package
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company laptop – Dell or Apple device
- More to come!