An independent customer experience studio is looking to bring in a Lead PHP Developer to join their development team, which currently numbers 6.
Based in Fitzrovia they’ve got 55 people in their office, who work with a broad range of clients. These range from large corporates to small start-ups.
They’re looking for someone who has an expert knowledge of PHP, ideally with frameworks such as Symfony. They work in an agile environment, so it is important that you recognise the benefits of this. Any prior experience with Java and Spring would be a huge bonus. Expertise with development methodologies such as TDD, DDD and BDD would be helpful as well.
In terms of you as an individual, they want someone who is:
- An excellent communicator – able to explain technical information succinctly to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Able to run workshops with various stakeholders to define technical requirements.
- Able to work as part of a team, working closely with Project Managers, Front end developers and DevOps engineers.
- Interested in working with emerging technologies; including microservice architecture, ML, bots and voice fulfilment.
- Able to plan; spotting technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact of these to the project team.
- A self-starter, comfortable working autonomously when needed and being proactive in getting information to move along work when needed.
In return for the above they’re offering a salary of up to £75K (though they would go higher if the ideal person came along), as well as a fantastic range of benefits. They really focus on making their employees happy, so allow you to buy holiday, offer flexitime, a season ticket loan, remote working options and a free lunch every Friday, on top of free breakfast every day!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.