This SaaS platform is a fast-growing Series A start-up in the digital engagement space. They’re on a mission to make community engagement for everyone rather than the privileged few.
Their award-winning platform provides a space where communities and organisations work together to create better places to live and work.
The platform has hosted over 1200 community engagement projects for 150 ‘built environment’ partners. Together, they’ve reached over 3.5m people in the UK (and a few thousand abroad) and increased participation in the co-creation of better designed places, improved communities and societies.
They want to continue building a platform that spins up unlimited community engagement in an instant, they need an experienced Front-End Developer to help make it effortless and habit-forming for communities.
You’ll be doing some greenfield projects as well as building on existing platform features, spotting opportunities for optimisation along the way. You’ll be the driver of everything UI, helping shape their platform that is used by millions in the UK. Some of your responsibilities include the following;
- Create and maintain design systems and shared component libraries used between their various applications.
- Provide technical leadership, mentor, and upskill engineering team members.
- Work with the engineers and designers to create a consistent and reliable web experience for their customers.
- Optimise web design for mobile and other platforms for maximum speed.
- Work closely with their back-end and full-stack developers to deliver.
Their tech stack is the following: AWS, MongoDB, NodeJS, ReactJS, NextJS, Styled Components, Jest, Cypress
How do I get this job?
You’ll need the following experience.
- Implementing solutions that are user responsive and efficient.
- Experience with testing and debugging.
- Keen eye for details and layout aesthetics.
- Great problem-solving skills and you work well in a team.
- Curious about new technologies and you’re driven to find ways to implement them in your work.
Knowledge in the following areas is also useful.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
- Ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience.
- Autonomous, tolerance to a fast paced / fast changing environment.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle – mandatory.
They want someone that will be really proactive within their work, taking imitative to solve technical and business problems with a willingness to be involved in the entire stack and across the whole app.
What is in it for me?
- £68,000-£75,000 salary, with a company bonus potential, and an equity component once you’ve settled in.
- Flexible holiday arrangements – they don’t limit how much you take.
- Their culture and policies offer flexibility to help you maintain a work/life balance that suits you.
- 20 days fully paid sick leave.
- A tailored learning and development plan and support for professional training.
- A MacBook Pro to work on.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.