A global media company who are home to many iconic and recognisable brands are on the lookout for Lead Engineers.
With an audience of over 379 million across social media platforms, and more than 1 billion viewers each month, this brand operates across several markets globally. They are really driven by their vision that promotes creativity and passion for their engineers who own their technology portfolio.
What will I be doing?
- CSS3, newer browser APIs, semantic HTML, some polyfills
- Mocha, Chai, Sinon, jsDOM and PhantomJS
- Docker, AWS
- Git, Github
However, on a day to day, you’ll be doing the following;
- Leading a cross-functional team that includes designers, UX engineers, and Product.
- Nurturing productive collaboration between disparate functions, teams, and departments within the company
- Strongly contributing to technical decision-making, solutionising, and estimations.
- Providing leadership in resolving differences, and gaining alignment across different groups
- Developing and communicating a clear approach for getting a change from ideation to production
The following is also ideal;
- Good understanding of Cloud Native architecture, containerisation, Docker, AWS, CI/CD, and DevOps culture. Kubernetes foundational knowledge would be a great bonus, as they use it extensively. Practical experience in the use of leading engineering practices and principles.
- Practical experience in building robust solutions at a large scale.
- You love working with a global multicultural team and you have a desire to work in a diverse environment.
- Someone who’ll add to and enrich their culture. You’ll try to make the codebase nicer for the next person that visits it.
- You’re someone who knows how to own every step of the development process; from refining tickets to shipping the code to production. You’ll do your best, and guide others to do their best.
- Someone who can communicate in a variety of media both with their team and the wider business.
They’re really big on teamwork and knowledge sharing so it’s a great opportunity to share your experience and skills, as well learn from those around you.
And what can they offer you in return?
They’re offering a salary of up to £90,000, flexibility regarding remote working and plenty of other benefits including;
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Loads of social events
- Season ticket loans
- Cash gifts for big days such as weddings!
- Gym memberships
- Free food and MORE!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then get in touch with your CV, and let’s have a chat!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.