Are you a Digital Designer with a passion for UX/UI Design? Or are you a Junior UX/UI Designer looking for a company to give you a chance? This eCommerce start up provides training and development programmes to give you the opportunity to better your skills and grow.
An energetic eCommerce Start-up in Central London is looking for a Junior Product Designer or a Digital Designer who is ready to build a career within UI/UX Design, to join their team of over 200 people on a permanent basis! This client is looking to change the automotive purchase journey for the better! They are driven, and passionate about what they do, They are constantly looking at how they can improve for the better. If you are curios, motivated and want to make a difference this is the chance for you to be part of something huge!
They are looking for a Product Designer to join their ever growing design team which is headed up by their Head of Design who has over 10 years’ experience. You will be working and delivering final outcomes within an Agile team environment and with a user-centric approach. Design sits at the centre of their Product Team – one of the co-founders of the business is a Creative Director. They look for excellent design in everything, from the website to the carpet on the floor in their shiny new office!
- Working with designers, product managers and developers to design best-in-class new features and products from concept to final delivery.
- Producing wire-frames, prototypes and production ready design for development.
- Helping to define and develop our Design Language System
- Working closely with Product Managers to understand the requirements of a project, including user stories, business requirements and user acceptance criteria.
- Championing the importance of good design throughout the organisation.
- Continuous learning – The client believes in supporting and educating junior members of the team to grow and step up to the next level in professional development
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years experience working in e-commerce
- Have read Brad Frost’s ‘Atomic Design’
- Have a portfolio showcasing three case studies, clearly presenting the product design process of defining a user problem, create user flows, sitemaps, wire-framing and UI prototyping a responsive website from a mobile first perspective.
- Be comfortable working on an idea from concept to delivering the final solution.
- Experience working within a Digital Agency environment
- Portfolio full of work with at least three UX/UI case studies explaining the full process
- User centred focused design
- Being able to working from scamps, to wireframes, to polished UI prototypes
- Can clearly articulate ideas and design decisions, annotate interactions and handover notes to developers
- Be comfortable in building digital experiences
- Good skills with design and prototyping software (Sketch, InVision, AdobeCC)
If this role sounds appealing to you and you have the correct experience, please get in touch asap!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.