One of the most recognisable brands in the country with a global reach!
These days, the typical response to “what’s the culture like” usually goes something like this…
“Team-orientated, collaborative with a great family vibe. We also have bean bags and free drinks on Friday”
If like me, ‘drinks on Friday’ isn’t what makes a great culture, you’ll be pleased to know this company has way more to offer. This is how they described their culture:
- Flexible working/hours i.e. work from home, flexible start/end times (discussed further in person)
- 4% bonus per annum
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional plus 1 extra day for each year of service
- Incredibly charitable
- Company has a yearly target to give back. Previous examples include marathon running to raise money, travelling to Zambia to help build schools for communities
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days – partner with local charities to raise money and awareness
- Mental Health awareness and well-being groups
- LGBTQ+ advocates
- ‘Award balls’ every 18 months recognising significant achievements across the business
- Access to company products and services i.e. weekly cinema tickets
- Team events such as Darts, The Crystal Maze, Cocktail Making, Breakfasts
If that’s not culture then I don’t know what is!
This is one of those huge household UK names – everyone knows them and they’ve become one of the top platforms in the country giving users the best options for insurance, energy/utilities, broadband, digital TV, loans, credit cards, ISA’s and more.
With offices minutes away from the trendy and food-haven of Shoreditch in London, they’re also well situated within an incredible digital hub of diverse and unique brands and teams.
The team setup
One of the core functions within the business is Customer Experience – within this you have teams in User Experience, User Research and Optimisation.
UX = team of 9
UR = team of 3
- You will be the fourth hire reporting into the Lead UX Researcher.
- Also have access to UserZoom, on-site usability lab facilities and analytics tools.
Optimisation = team of 8
- Do a lot of the Quant work and collaborate with the UR team.
The role & projects
Some key highlights of potential projects include:
- Cross-platform including Web, Mobile and app
- Improving customer rewards, including cinema tickets and dining out discounts
- Product discovery and early concept testing
- Innovation workshops and Design Sprints
- Optimising the existing platform
- Working with commercial partners to improve the customer experience beyond the comparison platform
The sky really is the limit here. This isn’t a role where things are done in a certain way all the time. This really is an opportunity for you to work on projects in your own way, experimenting with various methodologies and even suggesting best practices that would be beneficial.
Important to note they’re a dual location company – head office in Peterborough and office in London. There’ll be some travel to Peterborough sporadically (45 minutes from Kings Cross) but this can be discussed in person as well.
A few key points to consider before applying:
- End-to-end experience needed (you’ll need to have experience of doing more than just product discovery or usability testing)
- Strong stakeholder management ability
- Confidence is key and having experience of both pushing back on stakeholders as well as understanding them is incredibly important!
- Range of methodologies
- Super important to have used both quantitative and qualitative research methods – not just surveys!
Stage 1: telephone chat with Lead UX Researcher (informal chat)
Stage 2: 2-hour face to face, competency based, talk through and end-to-end case study
If you are interested, please apply now or email your CV to [email protected] Alternatively, please contact us on 07734937185 for further information.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.