One of the most recognisable brands in the country with a global reach!
These days, the typical response to “what’s the culture like” usually goes something like this…
“Team-orientated, collaborative with a great family vibe. We also have bean bags and free drinks on Friday”
If like me, ‘drinks on Friday’ isn’t what makes a great culture, you’ll be pleased to know this company has way more to offer. This is how they described their culture:
- Flexible working/hours i.e. work from home, flexible start/end times (discussed further in person)
- 4% bonus per annum
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional plus 1 extra day for each year of service
- Incredibly charitable
- Company has a yearly target to give back. Previous examples include marathon running to raise money, travelling to Zambia to help build schools for communities
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) days – partner with local charities to raise money and awareness
- Mental Health awareness and well-being groups
- LGBTQ+ advocates
- ‘Award balls’ every 18 months recognising significant achievements across the business
- Access to company products and services i.e. weekly cinema tickets
- Team events such as Darts, The Crystal Maze, Cocktail Making, Breakfasts
If that’s not culture then I don’t know what is!
Who they are?
This is one of those huge household UK names – everyone knows them and they’ve become one of the top platforms in the country giving users the best options for insurance, energy/utilities, broadband, digital TV, loans, credit cards, ISA’s and more.
With offices minutes away from the trendy and food-haven of Shoreditch in London, they’re also well situated within an incredible digital hub of diverse and unique brands and teams.
The team set up?
One of the core functions within the business is Customer Experience – within this you have teams in User Experience, User Research and Optimisation.
UX = team of 10 but growing to 12!
- You will be the 11th hire reporting into the Senior UX Design Manager
UR = team of 4
- Reporting into the Lead UX Researcher doing mostly qualitative research
Optimisation = team of 8
- Do a lot of the Quant work and collaborate with the UR team
All teams include access to UserZoom, on-site usability lab facilities with eye tracking and powerful analytics tools.
User Experience team reports in the Senior UX Design Manager
- ex-Foolproof/Precedent UX’er with plenty of experience
- ambitious and wants to build a team that’s well-known in the UX industry
- great mentor too, tends to help each person develop and grow organically
User Experience Designers – team has become more UX/UI so keen to keep building on that momentum and hiring UX Designers or Product Designers with stronger UI sensibilities (so not just pure UX Designers but not out-and-out UI Designers either, i.e. 70% UX/30% UI or 80% UX/20% UI)
- Half of the team works in embedded Product squads
- Other half works like an internal agency model, taking briefs and working through them
- Intention is to get everyone into Product squads but maintaining the collaboration and focus on each individual as well as each individual as part of a wider User Experience function (basically to make sure no one ever feels isolated!)
- Creating brand new design systems for shared components for 30+ products that are all currently using different design systems
- Redesigning mobile app from the ground app including the whole user experience and user journeys (not just visual)
- Redesign of their insurance product (this is their biggest product, no one in the UK sells insurance more than they do) – HUGE project
- Further product discovery, personalisation, optimisation, BAU
- Big opportunity to work on the Rewards part of the platform and gain exposure to different businesses
The ideal candidate
A few key points to consider before applying:
- Strong stakeholder management ability – Confidence is key and having experience of both pushing back on stakeholders as well as understanding them is incredibly important!
- Tools, tools, tools! – Need to be comfortable starting from scratch with a good ol’ sharpie and sketchpad but also need to be able to use Sketch or InVision.
- Axure experience would be a big bonus!
- User experience processs – Super important you’re able to apply basic UX principles to different projects such as research, ideation, sketching, prototyping and delivery
- Native mobile UX experience – Huge bonus but not essential!
Additional info: currently use UserZoom, on-site lab facilities and analytics tools.
Stage 1: face to face chat with the Senior UX Design Manager (informal chat getting to know eachother)
Stage 2: face to face, competency based, talk through an end-to-end case study (potential for on-site task)
If you are interested, apply now! For more info, please contact us on [email protected] or call 07734937185.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.