If you are looking to work on something a little different to the norm, this is the role for you. As the first Interaction Designer on the team, this role gives you the opportunity to make an immediate impact.
This client is re-imagining how Biologists work in the lab, improving the speed they work at therefore resulting in faster breakthroughs. Names by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s 30 Top Technology Pioneers, they have launched a new Biotech SaaS product which is currently being used by scientists in major companies including Merck, GSK and Dow.
They are currently looking for a UI/Interaction Designer to join their team based in West London.
This client is currently looking for a UI/Interaction Designer to work alongside with UX Lead within a multi-disciplinary team covering everything from design and software, to biological engineering. You will have overall responsibility for the user experience as well as detailed design of user interface components for our React-based webapp and associated applications.
You will be championing consistency and user centricity, your work will involve UI design, web design and UX. You will be collaborative, creative, willing to test, refine, throw away and start over to ensure you are delivering high quality results. In result, this will be a sophisticated platform that biologists want to use and are able to intuitively understand.
- Excellent visual design skills with a strong portfolio (ideally containing a range of projects across different domains – not only web applications)
- Expertise in appropriate tools e.g. Sketch, Illustrator
- Proven UI design experience of multi-page applications with complex user journeys
- Proven ability to get to grips with a complex problem domain
- Good knowledge and experience of creating UI patterns
- Understanding of implementation constraints on interface
- Driven, self-starting, with a practical approach to problem solving
- Data visualisation experience
- Experience working in Agile development
- Knowledge of material design principles
If you would like the opportunity to work on an exciting, new technology for a company who offers ongoing personal growth and development then apply now!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.