Truly shape the future of this industry, experimenting and testing brand new ideas to solve problems for the customer of the future.
A Human centered design lab driving human progress through freedom of movement and working on the most complex transportation challenges out there.
The team run projects across a vast array of operations, from innovations in product and industrial design, to branding and new business ventures. All of these are an exercise in the importance of “future-gazing” and planning for the ‘future customer’.
They also design at scale, the business has millions of customers globally and is looking to implement the products you develop to improve their customers lives in the future so experiments are one thing, viability is another.
The Interaction Design team creates seamless products and service experiences for people in a constantly
evolving landscape. Grounded in a deep understanding of user needs, they explore, design, prototype, and launch services to create experiences that find the perfect blend between physical products, digital services and human interactions.
You will play a key role in leading this team to develop the products and services of the future.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through the end to end HCD process by inspiring process.
- Plan and scope projects according to business needs and design opportunities.
- setting teams up for success with an opinionated view on best practices.
- Conceive, design, develop, test, and launch new products and services, applying systems thinking to information and experience design.
- Conduct research to help identify user pain points and design opportunities.
- Challenge the status quo and ways of working, pushing the team to interaction design excellence.
- Lead the planning, design and operations of experiments for new products and services at varying
levels of fidelity.
- Support the Design Director on project budgets and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
What you need:
- Demonstrable experience in an interaction or Product Design role with a portfolio of case studies outlining your process.
- Experience of working on digital products for both B2C and B2B.
- Experience launching brand new products to market.
- Experience managing a team of designers (of any size).
- Experience of planning and facilitating group collaboration workshops.
- Ability to teach design thinking principles, tools and methods.
- Proficiency with all relevant design tools such as: Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, HTML/JS/CSS, InVision, Principle, and After Effects. (Examples only, transferable to equivalent tools as preferred)
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.