This Head of UX role, overseeing a team of 25, mix of UX Designers, UI Designers, Content Designers Researchers and Research Ops.
This company uses data assets and breadth of relationships to develop a strong understanding of customer needs and goals, delivering the right experience to the right customer at the right time in the right channel. Through this, they empower customers, informing them and making it clear about the various ways they can save money.
This role has come about because the current Head of Design is moving on. This is an opportunity for someone new to come in with new energy. They are seeking an exp ‘head of’ to help evolve the practice and move from a vertical exp to tie in other propositions as currently each journey looks and behaves differently.
- Understand the market, consumer trends and relevant product innovation across the industry to drive innovative product solutions for consumer problems.
- Work closely with the Product Director, provide thought leadership and define strategic direction and compelling design and usability interventions and solutions.
- Working with the Product Directors and CPTO to input and creatively steer product vision, strategy and design.
- Owning the user experience agenda, driving deep customer understanding and acting as a champion of the customer perspective.
- Champion industry best practices in usability, design and creative techniques.
- An up-to-date understanding of the digital landscape to provide cutting-edge creative, technical and strategic solutions for their products and a broad and deep knowledge and experience of user experience design, brand, web and native app design, email design, display advertising and offline advertising.
- Proven track record in a lean agile development environment.
- A deep level of comfort with data and analytics to inform and influence design decisions.
- Proven delivery of commercial and customer value in an equivalent level product role in a comparable digital technology/e-commerce environment by evidence.
- Strong analytical skills combined with creative problem solving to identify new product opportunities and where to fix customer pain points.
- Huge attention to detail and comfortable using data to make clear decisions, backed by evidence.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.