A hands-on, Head of UX position with a high pedigree agency. You'll be leading a small but mighty UX team, who pride themselves on transformational brand experiences through design and technology.
With over 30 years of experience, they have helped numerous big-name brands through a mix of technology, service design, organisational engagement, brand strategy & design. They’ve also had an internal UX team for as long as I can remember – although it was referred to as IA back then!
They’re strong believers in an inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving their mission. They want to create a supportive and inclusive environment where employees can reach their full potential.
PLEASE NOTE – Hybrid working arrangement; minimum of 2 days required in the London office.
Sponsorship is not being offered for this role unfortunately.
Day to day responsibilities:
- As part of your role you’ll sit on the agency ‘Leadership team’ along with your peers, monitoring its overall performance, representing and being a spoke person for the interests of the UX team and helping shape the way the agency continues to develop.
- You will work with the CXO to continue to build and maintain your team including recruitment, induction and mentoring of new UX team members.
- Be a guide, inspire and nurture your team with relevant industry thinking that’s insightful, fresh and challenging.
- Plan and resource UX work with Managing Partners, resource manager and team members on a periodic basis ensuring the right team members are on the right projects.
- Manage the career progression, annual review process, hiring and disciplinary process where needed of the UX resource.
- You will work closely with Strategy, Creative and Technology in helping to define and bring to life brand experiences across multi-channel environments, this is a hands-on role, delivering conceptual thinking in various forms through, sketches, journeys, wireframes, prototypes etc.
- Be the main point of contact for your client into the UX team and be seen as the primary holder of the clients UX vision when acting as UX Director.
- You will plan and run UX workshops with your team and client stakeholders to identify requirements and gain client buy in throughout the project, as needed.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing team and Managing partners to help seek out and unlock new business opportunities.
- Speak at internal and outside events and contribute to press stories and thought pieces working with their PR team.
- Proven experience in building, managing and developing UX teams, at Head of level
- Ability to translate data into experience propositions
- Experience in designing for responsive web and native mobile Apps
- Significant overall experience in UX Design and User Research
- Solid understanding of W3C accessibility guide lines
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch with your CV & portfolio (will still need one even at this level, as they need someone who can be hands-on as well as manage) ASAP.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.