If you are an experienced design leader that relishes in the idea of solving complex user problems across a broad spectrum of user groups, all while embedding a design culture as well as leading growing and developing your team to build world class products then we should talk…
Writing a description here really won’t do them justice so here are the highlights to get you started:
- Global FinTech business
- 1,200 people around the world
- Over 4Million customers globally
- 17 offices worldwide
- 6 Service variations
- Operating across 90 different currencies.
This is a reasonably hands-off leadership role with responsibility for all things Digital Product Design across the business.
You will manage and oversee a team of 8 Product Designers while being supported by a dedicated team of Researchers and DesignOps.
Ultimately, you will be the design evangelist for the business, embedding UCD and Design thinking into the culture and guiding your team to build world class products.
- Collaborate with various other teams and departments, particularly Research, to formulate an overall design vision and identify areas of improvement for the business and their customers.
- Define and drive the Product Design strategy that integrates with, and informs, the broader Product strategy.
- Engage regularly with Senior Leadership where you will effectively represent design, your team’s objectives, learnings, progress and celebrate their achievements.
- Effectively manage, provide progression frameworks and opportunities to engage and retain your team of designers.
- Continue to build a diverse and inclusive design team, with strong vision on how to scale the team effectively.
- Play a critical role in continuing to grow a healthy design culture.
Is this you?
- Do you have experience leading, managing and scaling design teams?
- Have you previously been heavily involved in design strategy?
- Have you embedded new processes and built out design systems as part of previous roles?
- Do you have a strong ability to collaborate and communicate with disciplines outside of design?
- Do you consider giving actionable, constructive feedback that enables people to do the best work to be one of your strengths?
- Happy collaborating with other business verticals like marketing and sales wherever required?
If you answered Yes to most of the above, hit apply to find out more!
- Salary: £110,000 – £130,000 DOE
- Flexible working post-covid (Fully remote during, and up to two days WFH longer term)
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holiday, rising to 28 after 3 years
- Life assurance worth 3 x your salary
- Extended parental leave policy
- Private medical and dental care plans
- Cycle to work scheme
- And much more…
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.