Based in Spitalfields, our client’s mission is to help people live their live differently. They’ve developed long-lasting relationships with several clients, which means they are growing extremely fast.
As Head of Development you’ll be sitting within the Creative Studio and be tasked with driving the development agenda across the entire business. From supporting the Client Services team to shaping new solutions, to providing quality assurance across the development teams, you’ll need to shift focus from high-level strategic to low-level technical.
In this position you’ll be the technical authority for all live projects, as well as being tasked with setting up effective governance, ways of working, release management and code management. You’ll be happy to drive knowledge sharing within and beyond the practice as well as being a visible leader in the industry, including presence at conferences and writing blogs and white papers. They’re also keen for you to join scoping meetings with clients to understand technical requirements, as well as planning the projects and shaping the technical solutions to these.
In terms of experience, they want somebody who has:
- A minimum of 6 years’ professional experience, ideally with 2 of these in a leadership role.
- Experience managing cross-disciplinary technical teams, including both onshore and offshore.
- Prior experience working with agile methodologies and DevOps processes.
- Experience working across a range of languages on the front end, ideally with frameworks such as React, Angular and Vue.
- Past examples of establishing governance and ways of working as well as having worked across the entire software delivery lifecycle.
- Good awareness of technical project management, including awareness of risks and issues.
- Experience working in an agency environment or a user experience environment would be a bonus.
In return for the above a very attractive package is on offer, including a salary of up to £90K (though they could go higher for the right person). Salary reviews are every 6 months, so you will be recognised for what you do. There is also an annual bonus, profit share and 25 days holiday (increasing to 30 with long service).
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.