If you are a Senior/Lead Product Designer looking to take the next step in your career this is the perfect role for you! This Health-Tech Start-up is currently looking for a Head of Design to grow their product and build their Design team.
This Health-Tech Start-up is currently looking to change the way people manage and take control of their health. They are looking to eradicate the global epidemic of chronic lifestyle diseases once and for all. They offer help and advice to help people improve their lifestyle, lose weight and reduce their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes, this is all delivered via their web and mobile apps.
They are looking for a Head of Design to not only help them build and grow their current product, but to also build out and manage their design team.
What you will be doing
- Help define and implement an inspiring, holistic product vision and design strategy to build delightful experiences for their users.
- Help cultivate the design culture of the team and the company, including championing user-centric design thinking across the company and maintaining a collaborative design process.
- Work closely with your team across all departments to help solve both user and business goals.
- Lead user research to determine the best approaches and methods to capture the right insights
- Plan and run qualitative studies, including (but not limited to) user interviews, remote and in-person usability studies.
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means with relevant stakeholders to help inform their decision-making.
- Manage and grow designers within the product team
- You have a background as a visual designer and UX designer.
- You have a proven track record of designing successful products that users love.
- You have hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods
- You’ll have previous experience in running research projects and user testings
- You appreciate the value in research but you understand what ‘just enough research’ means.
- You have empathy for customer needs but can also consider technical constraints and business goals
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility
- You have previous experience in managing designers, and you’re passionate about developing their skills and careers.
If you are looking for a challenge and to take the next step in your career this is the role for you. To find out more information please apply now!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.