Are you a Lead Designer looking for the next step-up in your career? This disruptive health start-up is currently looking for a Head of Design who is passionate about making a positive difference to the world.
This client is a disruptive health start-up looking to make a difference in the world. They are an online health coach that offers weight loss plans. The current owners were previously advisors to the NHS and after having seen the impact of the lifestyle diseases have on people’s health, they decided they wanted to make a change!
Their digital behaviour change programme is delivered through both their website and mobile apps. They have been recognised as one of the Top 50 start-ups in the EU! This is a chance for you to be part of something huge, to really leave your mark and for you to be apart of changing peoples lives for the better.
They are looking for an empathetic Head of Design/Design Lead to not only help them build and grow their current products but to also manage and guide their design team.
- Help define and implement an inspiring, holistic product vision and design strategy to build delightful experiences for our users.
- Help cultivate the design culture of the team and the company, including championing user-centric design thinking across the company and maintaining a collaborative design process.
- Work closely with your peers across all departments (Growth, Marketing, Customer Support and Health Coaches) to help solve both user and business goals.
- Lead user research to determine the best approaches and methods to capture the right insights; plan and run qualitative studies, including (but not limited to) user interviews, remote and in-person usability studies.
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means with relevant stakeholders to help inform our decision-making.
- Manage and grow designers within the product team; this includes hiring and mentoring all levels of designers to deliver their best work.
- You have a proven track record of designing successful products that users love
- You have a background as a visual designer and UX designer.
- You have hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods; you’ll have previous experience in running research projects and user testings, from planning to running the sessions to analysing and creating deliverables.
- You appreciate the value in research, but can also consider practical constraints
- You have empathy for customer needs but can also consider technical constraints and business goals
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind
- You’re flexible in your approach and embrace a challenge; you can come up with new ways of answering research questions quickly and communicating the results in a memorable, impactful way.
- You have previous experience in managing designers, and you’re passionate about developing designers’ skills and careers.