The role we need to fill is a Senior Developer to support and build new features of an existing application.
Role title: Senior Developer
Duration of role: 6 months (max of 2 years)
Location: National (Any of their UK offices located all around the country).
Day rate: £700 , inside IR35.
Any extra Clearance required (not including BPSS): Will apply for SC once in post.
Our software engineers are a member of multidisciplinary teams, they write code and operate software in either our government service areas.
They work with user researchers, product managers, designers, business analysts, delivery managers and content specialists who share a vision for making better government through smarter use of technology.
We innovate to radically transform public services for the better.
Our tech stack:
● Our Cloud platform (built on AWS and Kubernetes) is our strategic hosting provider
● We use Github to store and manage our code
● We use CircleCI to build our software and use a CircleCI Orb to standardise our approach
● We use Azure Application Insights for our Application and performance monitoring and logging
● Sentry/Prometheus for application monitoring
● Elastic/Kibana for Data visualisation
● We have adopted a range of best practices and standards
● Ruby and Python in other projects
● Macs to do all of the above
● We favour distributed software architecture when building applications
● We use ‘right size’ services when designing our products and services.
Skills & experience required:
● Exposure to Ruby