Leading Design and Digital Agency are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their team to lead initiatives on some of their largest client engagements.
Full Stack Developer – React and Node
Leading Design Agency based in London, is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their team to lead initiatives on some of their largest client engagements. Full Stack Developers liaise between cross-functional teams to understand core presentation layer requirements and also recommend and implement solutions that follow-up best practices and standards.
Full Stack Developers are often the main communication hub with the wider technology team and are responsible for collaborating with them to identify integration points and dependencies. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for design and interaction, as well as an intimate understanding and appreciation for presentation layer code, and thrives on collaboration with technologists, designers, user interaction designers and strategists to get the best solutions for our products.
Key Technical Skills & Responsibilities
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps, JAMstack, and static site generators (e.g Gatsby JS).
- Experience of working with headless content management systems (e.g. Contentful)
- Deep knowledge of source control (GIT, Gitflow, Pull requests, Code reviews) and bug tracking systems (JIRA).
- Experience using component environments and atomic style guides (e.g Storybook)
- Experience building and running Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines and automated test suites.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioural Driven Development. (BDD); Ability to write unit, component, and integration tests with established testing suites (Jest, Enzyme, Chai, Sinon, Istanbul etc).
- Advanced understanding of web standards and best practices including SEO, accessibility and usability.
- Excellent working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
- Experience of writing server side microservices or Lambda style functions with Node.js to support front-end features.
- In depth understanding of cross-browser, front-end development issues with excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
General Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented. design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability.
- Must be able to approach unique technical challenges with an analytical and solutions focused mindset.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to craft beautiful web experiences sympathetic to the creative vision; liaising with the design/creative teams.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with strong time management and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
- Experience with a server side additional language such as Go, Python or Java.
- Passionate about emerging technologies and how they might be used in practice.
- Experience of cross platform mobile application development using React Native or similar a plus.
- Loves logic and problem solving!