This is an exciting opportunity to work for an emerging Technology start-up within a greenfield environment and over £4m in investment.
You’ll be joining an ambitious young company who are in the early stages of building a product to which lightning response time and high frequency throughout is critical. What they’re building will be embedded deeply into the daily workings of thousands of companies (their customers), and it’s therefore imperative that their system is fast, scalable and performant.
What the first 6 months will look like:
- You will have been working closely with their in-house designer, building and engineering their designs.
- They’re rapidly iterating so you’ll have been pragmatically building features that can change and evolve very quickly.
- Working closely with the backend engineers – they work with Node and on AWS.
An ideal background:
- Previously worked in an early stage start up or been an early employee within one.
- Positivity and a can-do mindset when faced with new opportunities.
- Any functional programming experience (even outside of work) would be a boon.
- A willingness to experiment – perhaps you like playing around with different languages in your spare time.
The team presently work to a remote model, though they do have an office in Shoreditch and the option is there to pop in if you wanted to, though there’s no pressure to do so. They also offer flexitime as well as unlimited holiday – and they’re pretty on top of making sure you make the most of it! Other benefits include share options, a generous budget for equipment and private medical care.
The salary range is between £70K – £110K, dependent on experience. There will be a three stage interview process – an initial call to discuss the role and yourself, a technical screening, then a technical exercise. This is an opportunity to be part of something huge and with a 3 year runway, there is plenty of time to grow and potentially build out your own team going forward.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.