Sitting within their design team, this role links together visual design and front-end development to deliver world-class solutions to their globally recognized clients.
This is an opportunity to showcase your eye for aesthetics and skills in design practices as well as show your understanding of the technical possibilities of front-end development. You’ll be assisting the creative and tech teams in executing and troubleshooting UI and design systems.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be working in the design team to elevate the quality of their design language by building out foundational patterns, tokens, UI components, interaction and motion elements, tools, and documentation on how the design system components are intended to work.
You’ll also be doing the following;
- Serving as a resource to UX/UI designers – of the design system: suggesting appropriate components and interactions as needed, supporting implementation and maintenance of the design systems components, and ensuring the quality of implementation meets the design requirements.
- Deliver seamless design to development handoff.
- Collaborate with UI engineers.
- Research best practice design patterns across multiple industries and products.
- Communicate work in a clear, constant, and transparent way.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Seek out opportunities for self-development.
How do I get this role?
The successful candidate would have a nice mix of development and design skills that are showcased below;
(if you don’t have all the experience below, don’t be put off applying as they’re very keen on looking at people that are passionate about what they do)
- HTML Framework experience (Bootstrap, Material UI, Tailwind CSS).
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility tuning, and optimization techniques/tools.
- Experience with development workflow systems (Gulp, Webpack).
- CSS Pre-processor experience (SCSS, POSTCSS).
- Animation knowledge, through CSS or libraries and techniques (GSAP, Anime.js).
- Ability to understand, write and debug code bases.
- Ability to build modular layout, reusable code, and libraries for future use.
- High degree of UI craft and eye for detail.
- Atomic design methodology understanding.
- Figma experience in creating, maintaining, and implementing complex design systems.
- Bringing concepts to life with designers.
- Experience in interaction design, user-centered experience design, and brand development.
- User insight application
- Best practice knowledge on design systems, symbols, text styles, and guidelines.
- Strong experience in asset cutting and exporting best practices for various platforms.
What will I get for this?
They’re offering a salary in the range of £60,00-70,000 with an exhaustive benefit list;
- Medical insurance including a health cash plan
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- Retirement and pension plan/guidance
- L+D Budget
- Flexible WFH Policy
- 20 + 8 days holiday
For this role, you’d need to submit a CV, Portfolio, and GitHub link.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.