12 month contract to work on high profile government project
Day-to-day you will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Have knowledge of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
- Have expert knowledge of cross-browser considerations.
- Have expert knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
- Have knowledge of web accessibility and WCAG.
- Have knowledge of UX and usability.
- Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Have proven experience maintaining a large and dynamic code base.
- Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
- Have working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Have knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git.
- Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Have experience of building high-traffic websites.
- Understand web architecture.
It would also be desirable to:
- Have knowledge of client side build tools: grunt, gulp or similar
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Have a working knowledge of Mustache templates, Java 7 and Node.js.
- Have experience with test driven development using toolsets such as Mocha and Jasmine
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.