Our client is a FinTech Top 20 company which is backed by VCs behind companies such as Airbnb, Facebook and Spotify. They’re changing the way people send money to family and friends (almost 10,000,000 remittances daily – and growing!), leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
At the heart of all of this is their Engineering function who are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Frontend Engineer to join their family of employees.
What are they looking for?
They’re looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm and different ideas to the table.
You will be someone who likes to:
- constantly evolve techniques through learning
- take initiative when you spot an opportunity for improvement
- ask questions and use experience of those around you
- share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- write code so clean, fast and elegant, you fight the urge to hang it on your mantle
- comfortable mixing greenfield solutions with legacy code to evolve system
- advocate and a practitioner of TDD /BDD
What a typical week looks like?
- Develop new user-facing features used by millions of users
- Assess the impact of proposed changes to other process areas and systems and recommend alternative solution choices, determining trade-offs and impact analysis
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas to solutions
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Maintaining high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- ReactJS, Redux and NodeJS
- JavaSript / HTML / CSS
- Styling and responsive design techniques, mobile first website development using technologies such as HTML5, LESS and SASS
- Automated JS testing using Karma, Jasmine, Qunit, Mocha, Chai
- Continuous Integrations and Delivery (Teamcity / OctopusDeploy / Jenkins)
- Versioning systems such Git / SVN
- TDD, XP and Agile practices