Experienced Project Director required to work on this independent agencies global key account
Independent customer experience studio who focus on designing & building user centric digital innovation products & services. They work with an exciting portfolio of clients across a variety of sectors – from large energy companies, FS and startups.
They provide services from analysis & strategy, lean product design & development and data intelligence and optimisation. They provide bespoke & tailored solutions – from providing an individual service to delivering long term digital transformation programs, as well as consultancy across research, design & innovation sprints.
This is a great opportunity to join particularly as a number of new key senior appointments have been made, so there is a brilliant atmosphere & sense of excitement across the agency.
The Project Director will be responsible for a well established and long standing global account who have been with the agency around 10 years. As a trusted advisor to this client they work on a mix of new development, maintenance and BAU. As Project Director
- You will build a strong relationship with the main client stakeholder and help them to determine and deliver the future product roadmap.
- You will be responsible for a dedicated delivery team of up to 10 including developers, QA and project managers.
- You will determine the requirements for each project, ensure a detailed functional and technical specification is agreed and then manage the design, development and QA process.
- You will ensure all work is innovative and prioritises customer needs, but you will balance this carefully with the clients’ time and budget constraints.
- You will help other team members understand the technical implications of their decisions.
- You will be responsible for the learning and career development of all project managers in your team, ranging from junior to Senior PMs.
- You will assist with the recruitment, retention, review, motivation, training and mentoring of the digital project management team. You will also support with hiring of freelancers and permanent staff.
- Some travel will be required to Germany and the USA.
- Agile and waterfall project delivery
- Strong digital / technical background
- Prince 2, Scrum master qualified (ideal but not essential)
- 5+ years experience in an agency delivering web applications
- Experience managing £2m+ programmes of work
- Experience working with remote teams and third parties
- Experience leading and managing a team of PMs
- Experience with Project Management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, BaseCamp, Trello, JIRA)
- Product management and business analysis experience a plus