Experienced Ops Manager needed for a newly created role within a busy agency
Are a well established, well regarded digital agency who specialise in digital customer experience design. They are a midized agency based in a lovely space in London. They are independently owned still with both founders still very much a part of the business. They work predominantly with an exciting raft of clients with the luxury and retail sector. Recently they have gone through some internal changes and are looking for a switched on Digital Operations Manager to join the team to support across the business and work as a 2IC to the Operations Director.
- You will be instrumental in overseeing process development and improvements, and also the monitoring of departmental KPIs
- You will be working directly with the PMs on a daily/weekly basis to ensure optimal resourcing to client delivery needs, being mindful of scope and requirements
- You’ll work with the Operations Director to oversee analysis of business forecasting e.g. chargeable hours, utilisation, and proactively drive resourcing decisions
- Provide weekly reporting to the Operations Director on forecasted activity
- Working with the Operations Director to provide forecast and actual utilisation and availability reports and other management information, as require
- You will need to develop an understanding of the specialist departmental skills and capabilities required in the business, now and for the future
- Proactively find resourcing solutions to client and PMO challenges
- Working daily with the PMs to ensure: the right resource is assigned to projects, is working against deadlines, and is retained on projects from start to finish
- You will ensure workflow documentation is constantly updated and hold regular meetings with the PM and CX Consultants to establish timings for new briefs coming in
- You will maintain an oversight of all areas of resource
- You will develop a good working relationship with all the teams and maintain a knowledge of all the work in progress within the departments to establish their capacity to take on new briefs.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of people and time to current and future demands
- Working with th Operations Director you will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency, velocity and high utilisation of team members through close management and tracking of activity and progress
- Maintain a high standard of attention to detail with clarity of communication
- Make good decisions and judgement calls whilst under pressure or ambiguity
You’ll need to be an experienced Operations Manager, Resource Manager, Studio Manager or Producer ideally with some agency experience under your belt. What is crucial is that you are switched on, extremely organised and have a high level of attention to detail. You’ll play a role in supporting the Ops Director so you will need to be proactive and able to think on your feet. You will need to have strong admin skills – and you’ll be the glue that holds the agency together. This role is crucial to the business and they need someone who they feel can take ownership of certain areas such as KPI reporting and owning their resource management system.
You’ll need to have a head for process improvement – and they are looking for someone to come in with a fresh set of eyes and ideas of better ways of doing things. You’ll also need loads of energy and a can do attitude. You thrive on working in a department where they operationalise creativity without constraining it through managing processes, projects, practices, tools, events, communications and budgets, whilst helping to keep the team connected, happy and thriving professionally – all whilst collaborating with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
Additional experience they would ideally like to see
- Experience as a producer, resource manager, program management or creative studio manager within an agency or in-house
- Understanding of UX, UI, Product Design and experience of interviewing and recruiting design talent
- Commercial mindset and an ability to apply analytical thinking
- Experience of managing and tracking budgets