Digital Content Producer needed for household name in the NFP sector, fantastic opportunity for a junior to take a step up
My client are a house hold name within the NFP sector. They’ve been on an exciting digital transformation journey and are now looking for a Digital Content Producer to join their team. They’ve got a global presence – and are both a current and very nostalgic brand! They are looking to become a digital first organisation and have a number of digital content projects for you to get stuck into straight away. As an organisation they are extremely supportive, and are willing to invest time and energy into training and developing their people. They’ve created a great working environment, and a lovely culture to be a part of, they put people at the heart of everything they do. They’ve got a great benefits package, and a flexible approach to work life balance.
- Develop, edit and publish content and copy for a variety of digital platforms, including websites, blogs and videos.
- Ensure content across all channels is consistent, compelling and engaging and ﬁts with our brand identity.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of the product (the website), by replenishing and updating existing website content to ensure it’s relevant and up-to-date.
- Work with speed and efficiency to create high-quality, SEO-driven, original website content that is mobile first and accessible for all.
- Provide support, feedback and advice to colleagues on how they can improve their team’s content in a timely way, which requires minimal amends.
- Convert website visitors to KPIs, such as store sales, fundraising and donations and partner pages.
- Work closely with the creative and communication teams and the other content producers across the organisation to ensure content and messaging is aligned.
- Ensure content is accessible for everyone, with a focus on webpage look and feel, colour contrasts between text and background, adding descriptive links, alt text for images and provide captions for embedded videos. Whilst at all times ensuring the content is logical and navigable.
- Experience of developing new user centred content, setting objectives, for content, research, sourcing content and creating engaging content for a range of digital channels
- Experience in using Umbraco or a similar CMS
- Experience in using Google Analytics
- Experience in using hotjar (Desirable)
- Experience in using Vimeo (Desirable)
- Experience in leading on smaller projects and in sourcing and collaborating with external suppliers (Desirable
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Good understanding of pre-production, production and post production phases of content creation
- Able to conceive, create, develop and produce compelling designed content which meets brand guidelines across creative outputs
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Understand how to use different media to reach/engage different types of audience appropriately and that ‘word first’ is not always the answer when producing/presenting content
- Good understanding of how to tailor content for the web, including how to optimise it for search engines, SEO, keywords, and make it accessible to those using screen readers and other accessibility tools
- Good ability to organise workflow, and able to multi-task and work to deadlines under pressure
- Great at problem solving, mitigating risk and proactive in the approach to content
- Proven ability to complete projects to budget and on time, supported by senior roles
- Excellent design, layout and attention to detail
- Ability to work cross collaboratively within Transformation team and across the organisation, working independently but also as part of a team
- Social media and digital savvy
- Good understanding of best practice standards for visual accessibility online and across varied devices/platforms (Desirable)
- Ability to create videos (Desirable)
- Quality focus and attention to detail
- Knowledge of agile development (Desirable)
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.