12 month contract to work on high profile government project
Day-to-day they will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
Skills / experience:
- Dev Ops & Prod Ops best practises commensurate with the build, maintenance and management of high volume transactional web sites and webs services.
- Application deployment strategies and continuous integration across multiple environments and releases using a micro-service architecture.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to optimise this process.
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack with strong expertise in virtualisation.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Administration and build of RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies (e.g MongodB, MySQL).
- Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SSL, FTP, DHCP, and DNS).
- Installation, configuration and management of open source monitoring tools.
- Deploying and configuring virtual machines in a hosted environment.
3rd Line technical support to Production Operations
- Ideally the candidate will have been the lead Dev Ops, working on a major project or programme with experience in defining Dev Ops architectures, target operating models and providing thought leadership to other Dev Ops team members.
- You will have significant demonstrable experience of configuring web, application and database infrastructure in a fast moving development environment.
- Previous experience in building and supporting high volume, public, transactional production platforms and sophisticated automated Dev Ops environments is essential.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environment management.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java applications.
- Good experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, Go).
- Scripting and object oriented programming skills.
- Experience with automated testing tools relevant to infrastructure integrity.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service based on a micro-service architecture.
- An understanding of common web application architectures and design patterns.
- Good experience in network protocols and their appropriate use.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.