This much loved hospitality brand are undergoing a major digital transformation and need your help to improve the lives of their people, customers and communities.
Currrently looking to bring in two more Product/Service Designers on a 6 month contract to support on one two key projects kicking off. Both are pivotal internal systems with some complex use cases and both involve large dicovery phases to be completed. Further details in the description.
Rate: Up to £450/day
Location: London (Ideally two days in the office but open to more WFH flexibility)
Stock (More UX Focused)
The current Stock and PO system are legacy (around 15 years old).nd were developed by a 3rd party software provider. This has left them in a situation where no one within the business was involved in writing the code base for either application, and has left a number of gaps in knowledge on how the systems work end to end, including integrations in to other systems. As a result, a large discovery exercse needs to happen in order to understad:
- The architecture of both systems, including integrations with other systems.
- User requirements and needs
- User/business problems
- Following the above being completed, the end goal is for the team to be able to recommend whether we should replace the Stock and/or PO system by building one from the ground up, or look to replace it/them with an ‘off the shelf’ solution(s).
Desired end outcome?
- Improved understanding of the Stock & PO architecture, integrations and user interactions/requirements
- Improve our understanding of business problems around Stock and Po
Recruitment (Service Design spin)
Recruitment and Learning Domain focuses on enabling the effective attraction, onboarding and growth of their employees across the business. They are striving to ensure the foundations and core processes in these areas are functional and efficient to provide healthy and engaged teams that fosters a diverse and high performing culture.
We want to also be able to provide staff across Operations and Central Support with the right tools to grow their own skills and behaviour within themselves and others while also allowing opportunities to team menmber in order to help them develop and progress in their career and life.
Key roadmap priorities:
- The Recruitment and Learning Domain are primarily focused on Recruitment as a priority.
- Currnetly working on an MVP careers website that will be more on brand with the aim to provide a smoother, quicker candidate experience. The careers website will eventually take reliance away from our HRM system currently in use.
- Recruitment strategy is focused on improving the whole e2e experience for both candidates and hiring managers. They wil be conducting discovery sessions to help identify any pain points and where there are gaps in the process.
- They are also focused on being able to gain more insight into their staff in order to be able to drive data based decisions rather than assumptions.
- The Recruitment and Learning Domain also performs small UX/UI improvements across the Learning and Development area. Further discovery is to be carried out for a new Learning and Development platform for Ops and CS in the next 6 months.
Key focus areas
- Providing a better user journey from prospective candidate to employee
- Design and test iterations for the Careers site post MVP
- Improving the experience for new staff including onboarding and training
- Improving the experience for our Hiring Managers e.g. better candidate screening
- Testing user journeys within the Recruitment platforms to identify potential impacts and similarities between CS and Ops processes
- Identifying and implementing UX improvements in the existing Learning and Development content
- Helping the Learning and Development teams create mobile friendly content that is accessible.
- Collaborate with the Experience team to document existing user journeys (more granular within recruitment and learning space) and participating in ideation sessions
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.