Would you like to work for one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world?
If the answer is yes, look no further.........
This video game developer and distributor include titles such as Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest and Just Cause in their impressive portfolio of games.
We are looking for a Back End Developer that will work on continuous web development. This role will be part of the Digital Platform Team, part of the Online Development Department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the organisation’s central web services.
- Maintain and expand the online tools used to implement direct marketing and analytics activities
- Maintain the central web user database
- Help develop data processing scripts
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web code
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with Front End Developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Experience using GIT version control, Linux, Apache or Nginx
- Teamwork and communication skills an advantage
- Configuring and developing eCommerce solutions for numerous clients
- Providing day to day support on technical issues for client’s websites
- Translating business requirements into robust technical solutions
- Development and technical maintenance of areas of their web presence
- Advanced development experience with Go
- Experience using NoSQL databases (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Working experience with PHP7 and frameworks (Silex, Symfony2) both server side and CLI
- Experience with Docker configuration
- Team player, self-motivating, fast learner
- Experience developing real-time services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Python, Elixir)
- Experience with TDD/BDD
- Working experience of CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS) and front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Bootstrap)
- Experience with CI/CD processes
Inclusivity: We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.